To keep things interesting in the kitchen you need to use your imagination and choose a different pasta sauce recipe each time according to the taste and the needs of your guests and family, to the ingredients you have available or just to try and make something new.
Some people may require a vegetarian pasta sauce recipe while others may not like tomatoes or prefer a pasta sauce recipe white like some that are made with Ricotta cheese or with cream for instance.
Pasta sauce recipe from scratch: what I like about it?
Of course it tastes better but it comes with a bonus…Yes, because when you use fresh ingredients to cook from scratch the scent or genuine vegetables, aromatic herbs and spices will spread throughout your whole kitchen. An inviting fragrance that will attract your loved ones to the dining table.
It is really easy and simple to prepare your own pasta sauce recipe from scratch if you follow Grandma’s tip: grab some fresh tomatoes and use the wider blades of a grater to grate the pulp. Simply sauté some garlic and thin sliced onion in a skillet with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and add grated tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste and let cook thoroughly, just make sure to add some vegetable broth if it gets too thick.
You can even make your own version of this pasta sauce recipe by adding one of your favorite ingredient like black olives for instance or cooked and round sliced sausage and so on.
Here I’ll share with you some of my delicious pasta sauce recipe so that you can try one or more of them.
1) Pasta sauce recipe: Asparagus cream
– about 1 Ib. Asparagus
– 2 oz. cooking cream
– 1/4 cup butter
– 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 2 tbsp. milk
- Clean and cut the asparagus.
- Steam or boil asparagus for about 5 minutes, they should be soft not mushy.
- Once the asparagus are ready and cool get rid of the hard part.
- Sauté asparagus in a skillet with a about 1 tsp. butter. Add salt.
- In a pot mix butter and cooking cream, add salt and let cook for about 10 minutes.
- Mash asparagus in a blender with 2 tbsp. milk.
- Pour creamy asparagus in the cream mixture, add Parmesan cheese and stir. Let cook on low heat for about 2 more minutes. Add salt to taste and freshly ground black pepper.
I prefer to use this creamy mixture to season short pasta but you can use this veggie pasta sauce recipe to season your favorite choice of Pasta, even spaghetti if you’d like.
2) Pasta sauce recipe: tomatoes and bell peppers
If you like bell peppers this is a delicious pasta sauce recipe for you to try. The combination of garlic, extra virgin olive oil, oregano and parsley give it a special scent which to me is the scent of home: the fragrance of the Mediterranean.
– 2 bell peppers
– 1 Ib cherry tomatoes
– 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 1/2 onion
– 1 garlic clove
– fresh basil and parsley
– extra virgin olive oil
- Finely chop garlic, parsley and basil. Set this aromatic mixture aside.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in halves and cut bell peppers.
- Pour a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet and sauté thin sliced onion until lightly golden.
- As soon as the onion is lightly golden add tomatoes and pepper. Add salt and let cook on medium-low heat for about 25 minutes. Add part of the aromatic mixture and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Mix half of the cooked vegetables in a blender and then pour it back in the skillet and stir with the rest of the vegetables.
- Add Parmesan cheese. Before you serve on your pasta sprinkle some more of the aromatic mixture of garlic, parsley and basil.
3) Pasta sauce recipe: blue cheese and nuts
This easy and quick recipe is perfect with Gnocchi or Tagliatelle Pasta.
– 1/8 cup butter
– 2/3 cup blue cheese
– finely chopped fresh parsley
– chopped nuts
– salt and pepper
- In a skillet melt butter and blue cheese on very low heat.
- Add just a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Use this cheesy sauce to season your pasta.
- Serve with chopped nuts and finely chopped parsley on top.
4) Pasta sauce recipe: Speck ham and zucchini
– speck ham (Italian smoked ham), small dices
– cooking cream
– Parmesan cheese
– extra virgin olive oil
- Cut zucchini into round and sauté with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Add salt to taste.
- In another skillet mix cooking cream, butter and Parmesan cheese. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the creamy mixture to the zucchini, add speck ham and mix well.
- Use this pasta sauce recipe to season your favorite choice of pasta!
- Bottom line
I hope you liked these four recipes, they are some of my favorite pasta sauce recipes. Some of them are really easy and quick others require a little more time especially to clean, cut and cook vegetables but it’s really worth it.
Making your own sauce from scratch is the best way to prepare flavorful pasta recipes, to use fresh and genuine ingredients and avoid more refined industrial products with chemicals and preservatives.
Let me know which is your favorite pasta sauce recipe and if you liked this post, share the love on your social profile and make sure others can enjoy it to.
Thank you for your support and for visiting italianstylerecipe.net